Friday, May 7, 2010

The week in knit 7: You got your pop culture in my knitting! part 2 of 2.

One of my favorite things about knitting (and crocheting, though I can't seem to get it) is that the craft is so versatile, you can fly your geek flag in many different ways and show off all kinds of nerdity.

One of my latest favorites, is Crafty Carla's Amigurumi Pea-shooter from Plants Vs Zombies.



On Etsy you can find all kinds of Amigurumi patterns to make all sorts of stuff.
Chairy from Pee-Wee's Playhouse, a T.A.R.D.I.S from Dr Who, or even a Moogle!

With colorwork, knitting play along too. I think one of the best geeky knitted items ever is the Mario Scarf. I really hope Cass finishes it one day!

I've even gotten in on the action, with my Hermoine hat.

Hers:

mine


The pattern was written by a HUGE Harry Potter fan before the movie even came out. She did an awesome job for basing it off of just a publicity still!
What geeky craft have you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment